Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shred Dread...

So I hadn't shredded in almost a week. Last week, I shredded while under the influence of a sore throat, congestion and low-grade fever and it took the phrase, "thought I would die" to a new level for me. And then there were days of laying on the couch, whining and complaining about the throat and all of that.

I did realize, however, that my muscles didn't hurt that badly. Sure, I could barely breathe while I did my jumping jacks and and lunges, but I didn't hurt. SCORE!!! Well, skin hurt, but that's more likely fever-related than shred-related.

Even still, I was dreading getting started again. It had been days. It would feel like starting over, day ONE. I remember the agony of day 1 like it was yesterday. I don't want to go back there at all. I didn't want to turn the DVD on.

But I did. And while I heaved for breath here and there, I did it all. All the push-ups (the girly version), all the lunges, all the squats, all. of. it. And for the most part, I followed Fancy McAdvancedMoves the whole time.

My "wanttodieometer" only went to about a 3-4, as opposed to the 7-9 it usually registers.

Could I be ready for level 2?

I'm scared.

1 comment:

Books About Bad Guys said...

Good job!!!! I can't wait for you to start level two (rubbing hands together and laughing maniacally).