Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shredding and Vegging

So yeah, I'm still doing that pain-whore's work-out. I loathe her. I am thinking that now I know the routine, I should just put her on mute and play my own thump-a-thump-a music while I go through the 20 minutes, because listening to her makes me want to shove forks in my ears (which I guess is better than forks in my mouth, but whatever...)

In all honesty, I've not done it every single day, but I have done it four of the last six and intend to do it again this evening (and I'll be forcing Husband to join me in the torment--this would be part of the "for worse" vows). It's pretty seductive to go through other womens' 30DS blogs and see their results--both in images and stats. I don't really see any results on myself yet, but there IS the slightest hint of definition in my arms and belly where there wasn't before. Of course, I could just be imaging that. But I have to believe that if I keep at this, I will see results sometime soon.

Of course, I'm not just using the work out and then pigging out. I'm drinking nothing but water (save one cup of sugar free chai tea a day--please, I cannot live w/out a tiny little tea latte), amping up my fruit and veggie intake (I am leaving a bowl of carrots, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes on the kitchen counter to use for my daily grazing and emotional eating--I figure if I can't beat it, embrace it, but healthfully), and I'm not eating after 8pm. The not eating after 8pm is mainly being accomplished because my two cats set up shop on my lap as soon as Ethan goes to bed and they won't let me move. Hard to get to the fridge for mindless eating when a cat is sleeping on you.

So there it is---shredding, eating veggies and drinking water. Funny thing is, after having spent so much time at the gym, and now working out at home w/ the pain-whore, and eating better, my body can actually tell when I'm not staying on track and it makes me pay for it. If I don't work out, I feel tired and lethargic. If I eat too much sugar or dairy, I feel sick-ish. Strangely, that "sick-ish" feeling used to be my normal. WTF.

Still don't think I'd be passing up a slice of Cheesecake Factor cheesecake anytime soon, but at least it's a start.

1 comment:

Books About Bad Guys said...

Good idea about the veggie bowl for snacking. I think I will do that too. But I might need to add a little hummus or something in there. I just sent DH out for a big ass tub of it...